For more exhibition opportunities, please click here.
Congratulations to All!
1st Place is awarded to Sammy Chong of Brighton MA for his work in graphite on paper.
Nativity, Graphite on Paper by Sammy Chong
The 3rd Annual Milton Art Museum Juried Competition Winner, Sammy Chong was featured in a Solo Exhibition titled Asterion. September 15 – October 15. The Asterion series included eleven astutely detailed graphite drawings focused on a central figure placed into common everyday scenes, who embodies the ugliness of isolation, unacceptence, and mistrust.
Sammy Chong is an interdisciplinary artist who resides in Brighton, and practices in drawing, painting, and installation. He has an academic background in philosophy and theology, and obtained his MFA in Studio Art from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts (2012). He is a Visiting Professor in the Fine Arts Department at Boston College, and maintains a studio in Jamaica Plain.
For more information visit: www.sammychong.com
Six Honorable Mentions were also awarded, and the recipients will be grouped into two upcoming shows. The first group show is October 16 – November 18, and features Bryony Bensly of Concord, Helena Hsieh of Brookline, and Lydia Martin of Quincy. A Closing Reception will take place November 18, 5:30 – 7:00 PM. The second Group Show is November 19 – December 23 and features Lisa Bailey of Franklin, Erick Ingraham of Sharon NH, and Barney Levitt of Jamaica Plain. A Closing Reception will be held December 23, 5:30 – 7:00 PM.
Juror Kaveh Mojtabai, founder and publisher of Artscope Magazine made his selections from more than one hundred-sixty works from entries across New England, New York and Florida.
Thank you to our Juror, Kaveh Mojtabai, Founder and Publisher of Artscope Magazine.
• Images must be 1024 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi.
• Each jpeg file must be named by image title.
• Unlabeled jpegs will not be considered.
•Open to all 2-D medium.
• Artists are invited to submit up to four entries.
• Maximum size including frame 36”x48”. Jpeg
Announcement of winners will be posted on the Milton Art Museum website: miltonartmuseum.org and the Milton Art Museum Facebook Page on May 26, 2014 by 5:00 PM EST.
- The 1st Place Winner will be awarded a solo exhibition, September 15 - October 15, 2014.
- The six Honorable Mention winners will be featured in a group show, three together. Each will run for one month, the first to take place October 16, 2014, and the second to take place November 19, 2014. Group show selections are determined by the Board of Trustees, and their decisions are final.
- Exhibited work should be the same as indicated on the Entry Form.
- Exhibitions will be announced on our website and Facebook page following artist’s confirmations.
All exhibitions will be promoted by press releases to our regional media network and art communities. The Milton Art Museum will host an Opening Reception for each exhibition, with the artist’s option to present a Gallery Talk.
All artwork must be wired, ready to hang, and must not weigh more than forty (40) lbs. Framed work with glass must be Plexiglas. Selected work must be delivered seven (7) days prior to the exhibition date. Artists are responsible for all shipping and handling costs prior to and after their respective exhibitions. All art work must be insured during shipping. Art work is insured by the museum during exhibition. Art work must be picked up within seven days after the exhibition closes, unless being return shipped.
Submission constitutes acceptance of all Guidelines and Policies indicated on the Artists Call for Entries.
Contact: Ellyn Moller – Chairman, Milton Art Museum, (781) 781-821-2222 x2124, or email email@example.com